Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Latest WIP below. Made some great progress today, but unfortunately holiday is over and I have to go to work again tomorrow
    Don't we all....
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

looking great , but I got a question for you...Just how tall are the outer walls? Judging by the shadows they are pretty tall. Much taller than most of your inner defenses or even the main building in the keep. Also by the shadows the towers are the same height of the walls.

Otherwise, looking great as usual.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    looking great , but I got a question for you...Just how tall are the outer walls? Judging by the shadows they are pretty tall. Much taller than most of your inner defenses or even the main building in the keep. Also by the shadows the towers are the same height of the walls.

Otherwise, looking great as usual.
    I will have to tone down the wall shadows a bit in next version I guess, thanks
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Your shadows seem a little blurry and for some reason where the towers are creates a dark circular shadow inside the wall shadow. Anyhow, the layout is absolutely incredible and with every city I see I am trying harder and harder to resist the urge to buy the program.

I might have too much blur on the wall shadows as well
    Shadows are not my area of expertise. The overlapping shadows (tower and wall) is a CC3/CD3 problem I think.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing about the overlapping shadows being a CC3 thing. Since I don't have it I couldn't investigate it and I didn't want to say anything and sound stupid, since you know much more about it. There's a thread on the forums from the writers of the software about what to include fix, etc. in the next version...maybe drop a memo in there about how the shadows overlap and hence multiply. I'll see if I can dig it up...got it, it's the second sticky in the Software subforum.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Well if you can find the thread please let me know. Or if someone with CC3 knows a workaround...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Oh, sorry, I did, I just edited my last post...probably after you had read it...software discussion subforum.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ah, you mean on THIS forum. Ok, but first I will probably drop a note on the Profantasy forums and explain my problem. Before I look like the idiot and I am doing something wrong with the shadows myself

Next WIP. Gave the map another huge push today and will probably be able to finish it this week. I am still messing around with the shadows. Oh, and I am messing around with labeling. Never labeled a map and what I have done now is really crude, I know
    Just getting a feel for how it would look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concetron_nieuw6_small.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	8930  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-05-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast