Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

Thanks Nomadic. Moats do indeed have a weak point. But I read that to prevent sappers walls sometimes had a strong foundation underground. A moat with water makes sapping almost impossible, but if it freezes the enemy can assault the walls with ladders, rams and towers. A dry moat prevents most of that. Choices, choices
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Well another quick update and I fear the last for today. Haven't made much progress and it looks like the map will still take a couple of days to finish. The CD3 gods are not very kind to me right now as the map crashes about 30 times an hour. I do think it's about 80% finished. I just need to place few hundred more farms. Ack!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meerzicht_small2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	308.7 KB 
ID:	9122  
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Thanks Nomadic. Moats do indeed have a weak point. But I read that to prevent sappers walls sometimes had a strong foundation underground. A moat with water makes sapping almost impossible, but if it freezes the enemy can assault the walls with ladders, rams and towers. A dry moat prevents most of that. Choices, choices
    You could always clear off the ice and slick it down with a Zamboni then sit on the walls and laugh with your troops as the enemy force entertains you with a depiction of "The siege of Meerzicht on ice".

If you put real effort into building the moat you should have at least 1-2m from the edge of the moat to the surface when filled. With a straight sides, that should make it somewhat useful even when frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Well another quick update and I fear the last for today. Haven't made much progress and it looks like the map will still take a couple of days to finish. The CD3 gods are not very kind to me right now as the map crashes about 30 times an hour. I do think it's about 80% finished. I just need to place few hundred more farms. Ack!

I draw maps much bigger then this but I must say that this is very Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by jaspertjie View Post
    I draw maps much bigger then this but I must say that this is very Impressive.
    Thanks. So scan your maps and post them on our forum

I miss a river on your map.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Not all cities are located near rivers

Guaranteed

http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Where did you find the top picture? I'd love to see that in high res with all the numbers explained.
    What city btw?

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast