Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Also I have messaged a bit with one the creators of Campaign Cartographer. Now I know why the anti-aliasing of CC3 is bad: they really haven't implemented any anti-aliasing. They had problems with the performance. So their advice is to create maps in Campaign Cartographer, but then resize them in other software. A bit of a shame, but now that I can export my maps in huge dimensions it's not a problem for me anymore.

Nomadic, I replied to your questions about CC3/CD3 in the software discussion thread.

Oh, my Concetron map was posted on Simon Roger's blog (the creator I was messaging with):
    http://simonjrogers.livejournal.com/
    He plugged the Cartographer's Guild for me

And I got a guy that asked me if I was willing to a paid commission to create a map for him. That was quite a shock and totally unexpected. Even flattering I must say. But I had to turn him down. This is a hobby for me and I don't want to feel any pressure.
    That's an awesome, deserved complement - but I understand why you want to "keep it a hobby." It is nice to have something you love doing stay that way!
    "The medium is the message." -- Marshall McLuhan

Well, I think got the hang of CD3 again and I started mapping Tweeberg (Twomountain). It's quite literally the gate to Sirilion and the southern part of my world. It's a large, heavily fortified town. Progress on this map will probably be slow...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tweeberg1.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	12691  
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Aren't all cities slow going? Looks like you're doing something a lil different but I like it...even if I can't really tell what it is.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Looks like you're doing something a lil different but I like it...even if I can't really tell what it is.
    I am always trying out new stuff (mainly messing with the effects) so maybe it is that. Once the city is finished it will look a lot like my other city maps.

Oh, and I am very happy with my new computer. CD3 is a lot faster and although my biggest maps are slow to edit, they refuse to crash anymore. It's pretty cool, as in the Sirilion map for example I used to crash about 50% of the time as soon as I tried to scroll. I guess it was a processor/memory thing.
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 04-22-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

And a small update. It looks like I still have some work to do

Name:	Tweeberg2.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	12724  

Can CD3 import images from elsewhere to use for terrain? If it does then I might just get it. It's great for building cities but its ability to display 3d terrain isn't all that good. If it can then I could use photoshop for the terrain and it for the house placement.
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yes, you can import other images as background for example.

I just updated the Sirilion map, but I put it in its own thread:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...newpost&t=3155

Next update, the city is finally getting into shape. Still loads to do, though.

Name:	Tweeberg2.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	12750  

I snapped a quick screenshot of my progress. Most of the city itself is now finished. I just need to fill in the east. Then I have to decide what to do to the surrounding lands.

Name:	tweeberg3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	12767  

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast