Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Hmm... I could have sworn I replied .... but I will again... Generally when I map a town, I use the rule of 15 ..... buildings = 15% of the population and multiply the population by 1500 and that will give you the overall square footage that the city would cover... mind you, these are just my little gage that I use adjusting of course for the type of city I want.... These also tend to break down at cities that have less that 500 ..... It's worked for me so far
    ROFL, wrong thread?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

lol.. maybe... quite possibly... it was supposed to be in response of our little population conversation .... little late, but better than never

lol.. maybe... quite possibly... it was supposed to be in response of our little population conversation .... little late, but better than never
    Ah, because you replied a bit late I thought you wanted to reply in the thread about population density.

Anyway, I didn't count, but this city already has hundreds and hundreds of buildings. There's gonna be thousands. And then I will have RSI.

Hmm, somehow that doesn't sound right
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

I can only imagine.... I mapped the city of Loftwick in the Yeomanry (World of Greyhawk) for a PBP I used to play on .... I used CC2pro back in the day and I know that it took me quite a bit, plus it was one of my first maps that I completed with CC2pro so .. ya ... I got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome out of that map...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loftwick001.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	6806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loftwick.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	6807

I can only imagine.... I mapped the city of Loftwick in the Yeomanry (World of Greyhawk) for a PBP I used to play on .... I used CC2pro back in the day and I know that it took me quite a bit, plus it was one of my first maps that I completed with CC2pro so .. ya ... I got Carpal Tunnel Syndrome out of that map...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loftwick001.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	6806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loftwick.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	6807
    It's a nice map (for CC2). I like your gates, gonna steal that sometime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    It's a nice map (for CC2). I like your gates, gonna steal that sometime soon
    Go for it... I love that gate design. Those were designed to fend of giant attacks... Each of those gate houses hosts a complete yeomanary battalion of some 200 men... somewhere in that vicinity if memory serves. But that's just one of many gate designs.... so feel free to use the layout ... probably wouldn't even noticed ... lol. My ADD get's in the way of noticing little things like that.

Thanks for the compliment on the maps.... But, I look at them now, and just can't believe I spent sooooo many hours on that map, and I was sooooooo proud of it, but it isn't really that great of a map. I think it just screams... beginner... The important thing is the fact that I've improved... (i like to think so anyway) and it was good experience...

Thanks for the compliment on the maps.... But, I look at them now, and just can't believe I spent sooooo many hours on that map, and I was sooooooo proud of it, but it isn't really that great of a map. I think it just screams... beginner... The important thing is the fact that I've improved... (i like to think so anyway) and it was good experience...
    In CD3 that map would have looked a lot better already. It's not *that* beginner, I still like it.

Sirilion with some more additions. Notice the gate on the southern castle

I think I am actually halfway there. w00t!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sirilion3.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	6818  

Post These are very pretty, Thanks!

I like the sensibility in these. Very nice density of buildings and resources.

Very much appreciated.

(Any chance we could get versions without names on them for use\abuse in our own games ) They're very useful.

Look's great.... now where's the other half?? heh... very nice though.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast