Quote Originally Posted by mlochowitz View Post
Thanks. I’ll try to get a few pictures of my setup, over the next few days.

The maps are all done with Dundjinni, although I do quite a bit of finishing in Photoshop. I still have a lot to learn about both tools.

As far as using the projector, I use MapTool from RPTools. It’s an open source application designed for remote play. I host the DM session on my laptop, and have the projector connected to a desktop PC. The desktop/projector joins the session as a player. I can then use the fog of war option to reveal parts of the map as the players explore.

Maptools lets me scale the map just by zooming in and out. I usually set a mini on the table and zoom the map to match.
Wait, are you playing online or face to face?

I really, really want to move to a digital projector for our games, but i'm a little hesitant to plop the money down. I also don't know what is the best kind of projector to get, or how to rig it. My attic has a high ceiling though (like 8 or 9 feet) so i don't know if that's good or bad.

I'd love to see some pictures of your setup. And any other details you can share about projection gaming. I love the printed maps, but they're getting to be a pain in the butt to make.