Thread: Elemental Plane of Fire map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Default Elemental Plane of Fire map

Hello again everyone.

This is my version of the Elemental Plane of Fire. The locations are not permanent as the Elemental Plane of Fire changes constantly but for short periods of time certain parts of it become solid. In this case, there is a prison for the Great Despot and so the land around it has become permanent. So I decided it has got to be mapped. I hope you all like my wanderings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elemental Plane of Fire.JPG 
Views:	371 
Size:	910.1 KB 
ID:	71376  

I'd be interested to hear about the other locations as well, and who is this "Great Despot" exactly?

Also, I'm curious, which units are being used in the scale at the bottom?

Sorry, I had typed everything out but i guess I took too long because it didn't post and told me I had been logged out. I will tell you all about him when I have more time...soon.

Ahh yes, the scale of the map. Well, the Elemental Plane of Fire is always changing and never stays the same unless a being with great power wills it to be so. With that in mind, it becomes a little harder to scale a map with exact measurements. It can be imagined that the map viewer just needed some kind of unit of measure when they enter the plane so that they can hold on to what little reality is left in this everchanging plane. Is it four leagues or one mile increments in this map? Thats up to the players of the game to find out. That's why no unit of measure is given.

Question

Many thousands of years ago the City of Brass was ruled by an Efreeti Sultan who was fair and just in his treatment of his subjects. For many years he had ruled the Efreeti Kingdom. Eventually there arose an Efreeti who had studied forbidden schools of magic and had become immensely powerful.This Efreeti decided that someone as weak as the Sultan of the City of Brass did not deserve to rule. So this Efreeti used his magic to break into the bedchamber of the Sultan one night and murdered him in his sleep. He then killed the Sultan's concubines and as many of the Royal family as he could find. Then, he placed himself on the throne of the City of Brass.

This Efreeti ruled with an iron fist and an evil disposition. He spent thousands of years hunting down any survivors from the night he took power, and ruthlessly hunted them across the many planes of existence. In time, this Efreeti became known as The Great Despot of the City of Brass.His atrocities against his own kind were many but his favorite punishment he saved for survivors of Royal Lineage. Any that he captured he would have thrown into the Great Pit.

The Great Pit is a large swirling pit of planar fire that burns so hot that even creatures native to the Plane of Elemental Fire are destroyed in an excruciatingly painful way. Even the creatures soul is burned away when they are thrown into The Great Pit.

But one of the Sultan's own sons escaped that fateful day. And he spent the millenia gathering a massive army of Efreeti and other allied planar beings to make war on The Great Despot.

When the time for War came, the host assembled in the Tyrant Mountains, the place willed into existence by The Great Despot as his seat of power, and as a place to permanently harness some of the many Storms of Flame hurricanes that swirl endlessly across the Sea of Eternal Fire. By harnessing the largest hurricane, he created The Great Pit.

An epic battle ensued and many were killed as The Great Despot unleashed such terrible magic that it melted a part of the Tyrant Mountains and entombed thousands of unfortunates in the melted rock.Yet the forces of the Efreeti Prince fought on and eventually overcame The Great Despot.

As he had done to others, they imprisoned him in The Tyrant Mountains. As the last of his body turned to stone, it transformed the mountain he was imprisoned in into a likeness of his screaming face.

The Efreeti Prince then created The Sentinel Stones as a permanent and eternal alarm system to warn the Efreeti Prince if The Great Despot should ever find a way to escape. He also built a fortress that houses the vast armies of the City of Brass so they may try to re-capture The Great Despot should the unthinkable happen.
    Last edited by Tonnichiwa; 03-05-2015 at 11:00 PM.

I would leave out the north-arrow or change it to sth that fits to the plane or area (frog god games put it in between the planes of fire, air and earth irc), idk what though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Many thousands of years ago the City of Brass was ruled by an Efreeti Sultan who was fair and just in his treatment of his subjects. For many years he had ruled the Efreeti Kingdom. Eventually there arose an Efreeti who had studied forbidden schools of magic and had become immensely powerful.This Efreeti decided that someone as weak as the Sultan of the City of Brass did not deserve to rule. So this Efreeti used his magic to break into the bedchamber of the Sultan one night and murdered him in his sleep. He then killed the Sultan's concubines and as many of the Royal family as he could find. Then, he placed himself on the throne of the City of Brass.

This Efreeti ruled with an iron fist and an evil disposition. He spent thousands of years hunting down any survivors from the night he took power, and ruthlessly hunted them across the many planes of existence. In time, this Efreeti became known as The Great Despot of the City of Brass.His atrocities against his own kind were many but his favorite punishment he saved for survivors of Royal Lineage. Any that he captured he would have thrown into the Great Pit.

The Great Pit is a large swirling pit of planar fire that burns so hot that even creatures native to the Plane of Elemental Fire are destroyed in an excruciatingly painful way. Even the creatures soul is burned away when they are thrown into The Great Pit.

But one of the Sultan's own sons escaped that fateful day. And he spent the millenia gathering a massive army of Efreeti and other allied planar beings to make war on The Great Despot.

When the time for War came, the host assembled in the Tyrant Mountains, the place willed into existence by The Great Despot as his seat of power, and as a place to permanently harness some of the many Storms of Flame hurricanes that swirl endlessly across the Sea of Eternal Fire. By harnessing the largest hurricane, he created The Great Pit.

An epic battle ensued and many were killed as The Great Despot unleashed such terrible magic that it melted a part of the Tyrant Mountains and entombed thousands of unfortunates in the melted rock.Yet the forces of the Efreeti Prince fought on and eventually overcame The Great Despot.

As he had done to others, they imprisoned him in The Tyrant Mountains. As the last of his body turned to stone, it transformed the mountain he was imprisoned in into a likeness of his screaming face.

The Efreeti Prince then created The Sentinel Stones as a permanent and eternal alarm system to warn the Efreeti Prince if The Great Despot should ever find a way to escape. He also built a fortress that houses the vast armies of the City of Brass so they may try to re-capture The Great Despot should the unthinkable happen.

Very cool. I really enjoyed this.
    V