When I did my first scan of the map I am working on it came out so white you could hardly see the pencil marks.

When I did my second scan the scanner turned the image a bit grey.

When I did my third scan the scanner turned the image a bit purple.

I tried the scanner on other things (like black and white photos as well as color photos) and it scans very nicely. That is to say - no problems. Black is black, white is white, and colors look right also.

So - ideas? I've check the lamp and it is just as bright as ever. Blindly bright actually. I tried adjusting the Gamma but that just made the paper look more grey (or maybe I should say darker grey). Tonight I'm going to go home and throughly clean the glass. The outside of the scanner had a layer of dust on it becuase it has been a while since I did any scanning. So even though this is a flatbed scanner and it has been closed up - maybe somehow the glass got dust on it. I've also unpluged and replugged the USB cable and power supply (reseating everything).

I'm using PaperPort v7.0 Deluxe and a Visioneer 7100 flatbed scanner.

The only thing that I haven't tried (and which just popped into my head) is the color saturation. Maybe if I ramped it down a bit it might look better.

Anyway - ideas?