Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** March Challenge - Make a One Page Dungeon ***

Thanks Larb, I just was coming back to let everyone know I figured it out.

What I did was save it to a .jpg then open that and save it to .pdf which is pretty much what you are saying.

That works great...except now I have to start shaving quality or something to get it down to 6 MB.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Anyone know if it is alright for me to use my online persona name and email as Author for this? I am paid via paypal under this name and email but that of course is connected to my personal account. Still I'm guessing that if I put Jaxilon@gmail.com as the author that should be fine. I just want to make sure I'm in compliance.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

I don't think so, OPDC rules is it must include your name.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Well that's just irritating. All my stuff is done as Jaxilon.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Well that's just irritating. All my stuff is done as Jaxilon.
    That should be ok; it's a stage name more or less. And nobody would object to using that.

Thanks I'll just see what happens at least they can contact me using that email if needed.

My next problem is that my pdf saves as a measly 626 kb which is ridiculous considering the size as a jpg on maximum is at 7.6mb. I've not worked much with pdf files so I probably am using a wrong setting. All I'm doing is saving my image as a jpg then opening it in PS then File>Save as> and selecting the pdf file type. Then there are some options but not much that I'm seeing.

SOLVED
    Bah...stupid PS was flipping my options back to 1.5 version so I just have to make sure I save in high print quality which becomes [modified] when I select Compatibility = Acrobat 9/10 (pdf 1.7+) and I get a huge file so now I can whittle down to what I need it to be.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 03-29-2015 at 07:06 AM.

So it looks like we will have some representation at the OPD contest this year which is a good thing. I hope we all place up in the top of the heap.

Is it appropriate to post my finished map on my portfolio site or should I keep it under wraps until after the voting at the end of April in the OPD contest?

I still intend to enter the OPD I just didn't have time to enter the challenge this month, sadly.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    So it looks like we will have some representation at the OPD contest this year which is a good thing. I hope we all place up in the top of the heap.

Is it appropriate to post my finished map on my portfolio site or should I keep it under wraps until after the voting at the end of April in the OPD contest?
    I would think up to you. It's not exactly secret, having been posted here

Who's locking the shop up on this? I think we are already on borrowed time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast