Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP : Haerlech

Wow, you're multi-task! Excellent ships, very detailed and clean job. I share the worries with Larb about reducing them, though. I hope the final render won't kill those details.

Well, time has proven itself. I will be doing new smaller res boats for Haerlech. Oh well, not the end of the world.
    That just means it will drag on longer now till I can finish it up. Larb and Ilanthar - thanks for bringing that up. [No really...]

I'm gonna watch closely how you're doing those boats anyway. I'll need a few river boats for Tarantia, so...

Wow, these look great! Your attention to detail is phenomenal.

Ilanthar - I'm not sure if my map is of a similar size/res but when I do the new ones if they would work for yours I can send them to you.
    Thank you ChickPea. I'm trying a lot of stuff with this map.

By J.Edward
    I'm not sure if my map is of a similar size/res but when I do the new ones if they would work for yours I can send them to you.
    Thanks, that's very generous! But I want to learn by doing it myself if possible... And river boats should be different (in fact, I've looked again on that superb Bridge District map, and there is a very good one boat on it).
    That said, I would be curious to see how you work to do those great ships (and learn from it)!

No problem Ilanthar. I would do the same.
    For the boats I put up already, I can try to put a little something together to show how I went about it.
    It's pretty straight forward. A few little tricks but mostly straight stuff.

By J.Edward
    A few little tricks but mostly straight stuff.
    Yep, but sometimes, the little tricks make all the difference (and/or are sparing a lot of time)

That's very true.
    I will try to get to something by the weekend if I can. I still have to try to finish the challenge too.

Well, much time has passed and I'm finally getting back to this map.
    I was able to get the water mostly done today. Still need to go back and make new boats, sadly.
    I realized that I will have to redo the first Haerlech map so the roof tiles will be similar.
    Not looking forward to that but what can you do.
    I did finally come up with 2 layout variations for the combined map.
    Time will tell which one of those gets used. Well, here's the map atm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haerlech 03a_001sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	74134

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast