Thread: East coast of Merreen - a fantasy map

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Map East coast of Merreen - a fantasy map

Hi everyone! I am MummaCandy and this is my first ever post here in the Guild so I'm excited to find out how everything hangs together around here.

Anyways... what I want to share with you here is a fantasy map I just finished (took me a whole damn day to).

The map features the east coast of a mighty kingdom known as Merreen (I love writing stores for my maps, and making maps for my stories, so I may end up writing a whole mini-novel about this). However, everything is not well, for this region of the kingdom is sparingly populated. This is due to surviving proving quite the challenge (to say the least), as freezing winds from the great Eastern Ocean relentlessly whip the land, trolls haunt the mountains and woods at night, and many a bandit-band hide here - for imperial soldiers seldom travel this far...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy map Merrè.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	71422

Banned User

Hello MummaCandy, welcome to the Guild!

That's a very nice map, especially for a first post, have some rep!!

You might want to consider making the scale border and the cartouche just a little less bright, they seem a little different color scheme than the rest of the map.

Otherwise, a great job!!

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Thank you chick.

I think I will be doing an update on the map, where I definitely will change the border work, location icons, and a few other things.

I like your map, I personally missing more details, like villages and cities size.
    Scale would be great as well.

A pretty map, well done!

I agree with Chick, some of the black texts and markers seem a little too bright. I don't know what is going on with the "Rock Lands" text, maybe it's a little blurred or something, but that looks good! Whatever you did with that, maybe you could do it with the rest of them as well

I especially love the mountains and the forests - are those drawn by hand?
    Last edited by Kellerica; 03-31-2015 at 04:39 AM.