Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Map Post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gilgamec View Post
    Some time back I posted a bunch of blank graticules as PDF files; take a look here and see if any of them will work. I don't recognize your projection, though, so it may not be there. Running these off is just a matter of five minutes' work, though, so if you tell me what you need I can generate it and send it to you pretty quickly.
    Dude, sweet! I'm on my phone right now, so I can't test out what you've got, but I will as soon as I get home.

The protection is Wagner VII or Equal Area Azimuthal projection. If you want to make one, go for it! I don't necessarily have to use the protection I'm using. I do plan on using some "Hammer-like" projection, but I'm not dead set on the current one, so I will test out other projections with your provided graticules and see how things look.

I'm not overly concerned with it being 100% accurate/authentic/realistic. This is an "earth-like" world, but fantastic. I'm more concerned with having a nice piece of art than a realistic map.

Blog Entries

@ chick Thanks man! A skill I'm still working on is how to be "done" I'll know it when I see it...

@ arsheesh Thanks! I liked the detail that the FT/Wilbur work gives me on the sea floor as well as the land, but it needed to be blended more for the look I was going for. So I spent a good deal of time on various blending techniques, really just trying one thing after another, until I got a look that still showed some of the awesome detail from FT/Wilbur, but also leaned towards a more "painted" look. Also, some of my friends commented that the transition from shallow water to deep water didn't transition well, so I listened. As for the border and stuff on the latest post, I'm aware it is blurry. As I mentioned in my last post, the background and border are just temporary filler at this point, just for basic layout and design purposes.

Folks, I REALLY appreciate the feedback. Please, anyone who visits this thread, all comments are welcome. I have a pretty thick skin, so don't pull any punches! I may not agree with all feedback given, but I try to consider everything...

I like your color/ style on the oceans. Nice job.
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Farland View Post
    I like your color/ style on the oceans. Nice job.
    Thanks Farland! I appreciate the comment!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123