Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: City of the Underworld

This is an ambitious and really exciting project you have.
    Maybe you will have some difficulties researching in other languages than english so here are some links to italian websites with greek or romano-greek underworld maps you could you as references: 1; 2; 3

Thanks Fabio p! I have found that most of my time has been spent researching.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time working on this, I've had a few other projects that I've been working on. I have worked on a few things; I've done a bit of work on the palace including adding a pomegranate tree, which is significant if you know a bit about Persephone and Hades. I also added, the fire wheel that Ixion is strapped to. I decided to change the border, and I moved a few things around.

Any and all comments, suggestions, or critiques are always welcomed!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	354.9 KB 
ID:	72735

I really like what you have so far! The tree is gorgeous . And I'm curious, what is the wheel for?

Hey everyone sorry it's been so long since I last updated this, I have been so busy lately and have hardly anytime to work on it

Ilanthar thank you! I really like the tree to! Ixion is a greek character that tried to rape Hera, (Zeus's wife) and he also killed his father-in-law. As punishment Zeus bound him to a flaming wheel for eternity.

Thanks J.Edward! I know this update wasn't as soon as I would have hoped either.

I did a lot of work on the palace and also added some B&W reliefs.

All comments, suggestions, or critiques are always welcomed and appreciated!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city_of_the_underworld1.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	74011

Ooh, I really dig this. Well the nice thing about the Annual challenges is that you can take all the time you need I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh, this is looking great. I love the work you've done on the buildings at the top left. They look incredible. Hope you find more time soon to work on, cos I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wow, that's impressive Domino! The buildings are awesome. And thanks for the explanations btw .

Thanks Arsheesh! Even with the long time frame I hope I am able to finish it the way I want to.

Thanks ChickPea! I know it's been a while but I hope you are still watching this thread.

No problem on the explanations Ilanthar! Thanks a lot for your encouraging comments!

After trying out a few different things and dragging my feet I finally feel like I have accomplished enough to post an update. I did a bit of work on the overall shading, added a few elements to the fields of punishment, and built the sector of Elysium.

As always all comments are welcome!

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city_of_the_underworld4.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	76539

This is looking great, Domino! I presume you're going to colour it eventually?

Those bone fingers are absolutely creepy, so of course they're my favourite part! I see you've got the Grim Reaper as well. Don't know how I missed that last time.

Since we're into October now, hopefully there'll be lots more updates, because I'm loving this.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast