Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountains -> Swamp -> River Question

Banned User

The best thing you could do is what jbgibson suggested, make the marsh a low lying part of the river, so the river enters the swamp, meanders through it, and then drains it out the other side.

Sorry for somewhat off-topic question...were the mountains drop-ready (like click the mountains "brush" and just put it around the map) in CC3? I also loved them and would like to know how to create similar effect in my maps!

Quote Originally Posted by TK. View Post
    Sorry for somewhat off-topic question...were the mountains drop-ready (like click the mountains "brush" and just put it around the map) in CC3? I also loved them and would like to know how to create similar effect in my maps!
    Hi, thanks for the interest. Please let me know if I am not answering your questions correctly. The mountains were part of one of CC3s annuals, CA 51 to be specific. I believe those are called Jon Roberts Overland symbol set. They default to a smaller scale, but I grabbed them, scaled them up (thought they looked pretty cool) and just placed them.

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Hi, thanks for the interest. Please let me know if I am not answering your questions correctly. The mountains were part of one of CC3s annuals, CA 51 to be specific. I believe those are called Jon Roberts Overland symbol set. They default to a smaller scale, but I grabbed them, scaled them up (thought they looked pretty cool) and just placed them.
    AFAIK the annuals are "addons"/packs you can get to CC3, containing styles/art, right?...do you have any idea if they can be used with photoshop/GIMP? I did like em a lot, and would be neat if I could buy the annual and use it outside CC3!

AFAIK the annuals are "addons"/packs you can get to CC3, containing styles/art, right?...do you have any idea if they can be used with photoshop/GIMP? I did like em a lot, and would be neat if I could buy the annual and use it outside CC3!
    Yes, I access the annual from within CC3. I do not know how to break the symbols out into individual files. Maybe profantasy could help you out?

would be neat if I could buy the annual and use it outside CC3!
    The symbols are separate PNG files in the CC3 file structure. However, I'm rather certain that it's not possible to install the annuals if CC3 itself hasn't been installed. One also cannot buy single packages but must buy an entire year at a time.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

I think the mountains in the 'South East' quadrant are the least believable. Although they could be fine if they represent a series of hillocks instead of towering mountain ranges. Then the 'split' of the river becomes more of a swamp boundary instead of two rivers.

Over the Easter weekend I had time to partake in some research and I have found clear evidence of where sharp mountains do in fact deposit into a swamp! *wink*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzO-sv0mtZ4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12