Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Westeros and Essos as star systems

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    This is amazing - I keep wanting to click on things as if I'm looking at a game like Endless Space instead of a map image. I halfway expect little pop-ups to appear under my cursor when it hovers over every planet and moon. That's a great feature of a fantasy map, in my opinion - not just the presence of information, but the suggestion of more underlying information.

I really enjoy the way you've re-imagined the Game of Thrones world, too. It makes a lot of internal sense, and it builds features of the original works into its own logic.
    Thanks!
    One critical point: With such a high resolution, what is your preferred method for displaying the map? It almost needs a computer-game-like zoomable view, or a large poster printout.
    Believe me, if I knew how to do that I would try it out in a heartbeat!
    Finally, you get some rep from me!
    Much appreciated!

new to this site , all those maps looks awsome

Woah...nice! I know, that word is sadly inadequate to describe it ^^ But i think all the posters before me already expressed what i wanted to say I'll rep you for sure.

Now...these maps, are they for a p&p rpg that you're going to play? If so, care to share the story of this universe in more detail? Also, if you do rp in this setting, what rules-system will you use?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Woah...nice! I know, that word is sadly inadequate to describe it ^^ But i think all the posters before me already expressed what i wanted to say I'll rep you for sure.

Now...these maps, are they for a p&p rpg that you're going to play? If so, care to share the story of this universe in more detail? Also, if you do rp in this setting, what rules-system will you use?
    Hi, the idea stems from a thread on Spacebattles.com where people discussed how a Game of Thrones in Space setting would be. I just picked that up and decided to run with it, adapting the book series' prologue chapter to a scifi setting.

You can read it here.

I've got a few ideas floating around in my head, but I wanted to get the map done before maybe picking up where I left of again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123