Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WIP: Fallen Shore

It keeps looking better and better! I really love everything about it!

What you've done with trees is really amazing, the sense of depth is perfect!

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to touch base with the community, I know I have not updated this map in a month. I am between homes right now and Have not had any time to draw, but I should be settled into a new place soon.

Thank you for all of your support!

~Sharpie

Good luck with your current situation. If your moving skills are anywhere near as good as the drawing, you probably won't need it.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Hey Sharpie, I hope you found somewhere.
    I also hope to see more of this map sometime.
    Look forward to seeing you back around the guild. Cheers.

Hi everyone, well I must say it took me far longer to find a home to move my family back to, but we finally got settled =)

A.Cold, I think my art skills were better than my moving skills =P

J.E, Thank you for posting so recently, and yes now that I have dusted off my computer and tablet, I can get back to some artwork. It's weird being away from it all for so long, I am looking at this map and feel pretty good about it....what do you think I should tidy up?

Will be posting new maps soon...

~ Sharpie

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

I really like your ocean and colour, the effect you achieved is great!
    As for the Docks and Walkways, I think they feel a bit too... polygonial? Not quite natural, but quite obviously an aggregation of geometrical shapes, hard and straight edges with harsh corners - wich stands in opposition to the vibe of a "forgotten coast" "treasure island" "lawless shipyard" vibe I seem to be getting from the map in it's general look and feel

I appreciate the feedback about the polygonal line work with the docks. In truth I am still trying to get the hang of using Photoshop to do maps, however with practice I should be able to do better on the next map! I am a big fan of What's done is done, but I do think that with this I may be able to go back and rough out the dock edges.

In further Sharpsmile news, I rebuilt my PC, so I am back up and running as of about a month ago, and I have started a few new maps. I will wrap up the Fallen Shore map and have it completed in a week or two ( time permitting).

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    I appreciate the feedback about the polygonal line work with the docks. In truth I am still trying to get the hang of using Photoshop to do maps, however with practice I should be able to do better on the next map! I am a big fan of What's done is done, but I do think that with this I may be able to go back and rough out the dock edges.

In further Sharpsmile news, I rebuilt my PC, so I am back up and running as of about a month ago, and I have started a few new maps. I will wrap up the Fallen Shore map and have it completed in a week or two ( time permitting).

Thanks again!
    Awesome. Glad to have you back Sharpie.
    Makes corrections if it feels right.
    Move on if that feels right.
    Sometimes trying to make something right, especially after a long break, is less productive than moving forward.
    I struggle to complete maps that have sat for a while.

Glad your pc situation is back in order.

Thanks J.E., glad to be back!

I am going to be working on this map live via Twitch on Sunday night, so if you or anyone is interested in chatting about maps and stuff while I work, feel free to join in the fun!

See you all real soon!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345