Thread: City of Wheloon - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If you opened up some holes in the forest canopy, I think they would seem less plateau-ish.

I love the simplicity of your lines. They are clean and effective Many people think that a simple map is simple to do, sometimes they are significantly harder than more complex ones. You have a good eye for choosing what details are necessary.
    Something witty and pithy

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments. I've been thinking about the shadow under the forest and i think i agree but to a mesure. This version shows a very dimished use of that effect that i hope will give a better sense of the forest.

Unless there are major points, i think this one is done and i would thank everyone for their advice as it has improved my map immensely.

I hope it deserves a place in these halls of cartography

Pat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAP - Wheloon 5 low.PNG 
Views:	370 
Size:	931.3 KB 
ID:	6670  
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig View Post
    If you opened up some holes in the forest canopy, I think they would seem less plateau-ish.

I love the simplicity of your lines. They are clean and effective Many people think that a simple map is simple to do, sometimes they are significantly harder than more complex ones. You have a good eye for choosing what details are necessary.
    Thanks . I've tried cutting holes in the forest and the effect is very interesting. I will surely use that technique in other maps but for this one, since toning down the drop shadow effect a lot, i think the final results are pretty good.
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrakis View Post
    Thanks . I've tried cutting holes in the forest and the effect is very interesting. I will surely use that technique in other maps but for this one, since toning down the drop shadow effect a lot, i think the final results are pretty good.
    The final results are actually very good. This map is now very well done.
    I think it's cool that using the same software people can get totally different looking maps (comparing our maps for example).