Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire/GOT map

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Beautiful map!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's really something special. The geographic details just mesh extremely well on this map.

Can't rep you again quite yet, but it's there in spirit.

I'm reading ASOIAF again right now, I also just bought the book The World of Ice and Fire and this map is nice enough to be in that book, great job.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks guys, glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Thanks for the link on Nehwon. I hadn't seen that one before.
    Yea it's an old one, I think it was my first entry in a challenge

A very beautiful map. There's one thing I've always wanted to see with these maps, ever since I realized that there's an error in the official maps published by Random House: it turns out that the Sarne river system was not correctly depicted. It's not currently planned for new editions of the map to be made at this time, so that error will remain potentially long-standing, so it'd be neat if fans were able to correct it in their own cartographic efforts.

I explained the situation more here -- possibly it's enough to make the correction -- but if you're interested I can share a small excerpt of GRRM's own map to more clearly illustrate what he had intended.

Very nice Max. Torstan would be proud seeing as he got to do the coloured maps of Westeros/Essos for GRRM.

Thanks Balerion and Sharpes !

Quote Originally Posted by Balerion View Post
    A very beautiful map. There's one thing I've always wanted to see with these maps, ever since I realized that there's an error in the official maps published by Random House: it turns out that the Sarne river system was not correctly depicted. It's not currently planned for new editions of the map to be made at this time, so that error will remain potentially long-standing, so it'd be neat if fans were able to correct it in their own cartographic efforts.

I explained the situation more here -- possibly it's enough to make the correction -- but if you're interested I can share a small excerpt of GRRM's own map to more clearly illustrate what he had intended.
    I wouldn't call myself a real fan of ASOIAF but I'll take a look at this river

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpes View Post
    Very nice Max. Torstan would be proud seeing as he got to do the coloured maps of Westeros/Essos for GRRM.
    Torstan actually saw it on my G+ page. Looks like he liked it

Banned User

Wow, very nice! I love how clean and uniform it all looks. Did you make the design around 'The known world' text yourself? I'll add to your already huge amount of rep.
    Last edited by Sarithus; 03-24-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Wow...that's incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Wow, very nice! I love how clean and uniform it all looks. Did you make the design around 'The known world' text yourself? I'll add to your already huge amount of rep.
    Thanks Sarithus. The title cartouche was a mix of a frame I found on an old map and some additionnal drawing/shading.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Knight View Post
    Wow...that's incredible.
    Thanks much Shadow Knight !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast