Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: March 2015 Entry - Denizens of the Frog Lorde

Map March 2015 Entry - Denizens of the Frog Lorde

As though I didn't have enough going on.... I couldn't let a challenge go by with no entries so I decided to try one out.
    I used to draw dungeons all the time when I was younger. Haven't done a decent one in a while so this should be fun.

Cave type dungeon leading to some man-made or frog made passages ultimately leading to the Frog Lorde.
    We'll see how this progresses. It will have to be completed this weekend as I won't have time after that.
    It was sketched first on 8.5x11 paper, then scanned in and now I'm drawing and finishing it in PS. First image...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denizens 01a.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	850.6 KB 
ID:	71878

Oh goody, I'm glad to see that someone is taking this challenge on. I'll look forward to seeing what you do with a dungeon map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Remember the key thing with the one page dungeon contest, is that half the one-page is a map, the other half of the one-page is a a gazetteer/mini-adventure and game system agnostic. I nearly won 3 years ago with an entry to this contest, but I didn't use enough words and description for each room of the dungeon. I made a detailed hand-drawn map with a key with a sentence each - the judges loved my map, but since I lacked the descriptive detail, I only became a runner up. Because one of the winning participants decided against receiving his winner prize - it was passed on to me, as the closest to be considered a winner. (Note: there are several categories of prizes, not just a single winner.)
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Yes, fitting in all the text is the hardest bit I think. I'm hoping to enter this year as I've entered twice before and it is good fun.

Anyway this looks like it is going to be an interesting entry!
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Hey GP - It says that it must be mapped and keyed on one a4 page. It doesn't say anything about half page.
    That may be how some do it but it is neither stated or implied in this months challenge.
    I may indeed need to reduce the size of the dungeon a bit to fit the key info but not by a half page.
    Also, I am mainly concerned with the Guild's challenge specifically.
    I didn't want to see a monthly challenge go by with no one at all entering it and hoped others would join to challenge me.
    And I just wanted to see what sort of dungeon I could come up with. So no worries.

Bit of an update. I enjoyed doing the little bridge.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Denizens 01b.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	984.3 KB 
ID:	71882

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm so glad this is a dungeon map and not what I thought it was when I read the thread title:

Name:	froglorde.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	71884

Sorry, no more threadjacking.

That's good Diamond. If I have time I really should try to do a pic of her as the Frog Lorde. I can already see the changes I need to make in her face.
    That would be so good... just imagine her as a big frog looking down from the top edge of the map. I might have to do that.
    Another bit of an update...
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Denizens 01b2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	71885

Another update. Just a touch of color and more line work done.
    Should be able to get some more done tomorrow. Time will tell.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Denizens 01c.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	71894

Not sure if my work load is going to allow me to get this one done in time but I'm still going to attempt it.
    I decided to go with a cooler color scheme. May have to shrink the map a bit later for the key/info stuff.
    Though I'm not sure if there will be time for that either. We shall see.
    After the main map is done I will add in little details like the Frog Lorde's throne and all the cool little treasures and bits.
    All those will have to be drawn though as I don't have any premade elements for that right now.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Denizens 01c2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	71959

I'm loving what you've done so far, and hope you're able to take it further.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast