Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mar/Apr 2015 Lite Challenge: Bjorah's Cliff

That's a good idea for the trees. I might either do that or get rid of them all together. I wasn't really thinking about them when I updated the river..

Anyway, here's an update. That map is not finished, but I am comfortable now that it at least meets the guidelines of the challenge. So if I do run out of time for some reason, at least I can still contend... It would be great if someone could play editor and check to make sure everything makes sense.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bjorah's cliff8.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.53 MB 
ID:	72639

Is it intentional that imports include 'manufactured gods'?

Awww, the fountain is so cute!
    Yeah, as far as I can see, there aren't any typos or other errors anywhere...but you know how the brain works, we tend to correct stuff in our heads anyway, so someone could do a double check

Awesome map!

Haha.. great catch a.coldyham! I think the importing of manufactured gods would change the setting quite a bit. Maybe even for the better!

Thanks Corilliant!

-IG

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Great story! Definitely the sort of place you could imagine gods being manufactured...

I was just curious about the type for the story section, there seems to be a whole lotta kerning going on. The large spaces between the letters make it a bit harder to read.

Under Life & Society you have "knifes" instead of "knives".

Under the Quickstalkers, Woodward is missing its "a".

I love the feel of this place. It makes me think of the coastal areas of BC, like Saltspring Island. Good folk, living off the land, preserving their home. This map really complements the story.

cheers,
    Meshon

Told ya, there's always something that I miss.

Haha, I can just imagine people taking little clay jars and muttering mumbo jumbo, and thus creating little manufactured gods. An idea for a future challenge, perhaps...

Yeah, so now we all have an idea for a new setting. But until then...

Thanks Meshon for the review. I really appreciate that, and your kind words. Helps with the motivation for sure! I made those changes and added some trails (no roads here!). I made a small modification to the large text box that I think makes it look a little cleaner. If I have time I will add a few more buildings and maybe do something with the trees in the river. If not, well, they won't be the first trees to ever grow out of a river... at least I don't think so anyway.

But if this ends up being the final version of this map, and there's a good possibility it will, I'm okay with that. I'm happy with it.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bjorah's cliff_Final.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	4.48 MB 
ID:	72645

Guild Member Facebook Connected Belgath's Avatar

I really like the map. It has good flow and is fun to look at. It opens up in my mind a bunch of exciting aventuring possibilities.

Looking good. I only found one minor grammar error. In the Section on "The Quickstalkers" it says: "as the Woodward trusts they will preserve". The word "the" does not belong there. It should just be "as Woodward trusts they will preserve"

This is looking great. I love the vivid colours. The blue and green really jump off the page. The story is great too, except there's never enough in these little snippets and I always want to know more!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast