Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mar/Apr 2015 Lite Challenge: Bjorah's Cliff

Man, i take my hat off to this fantastic looking village! The buildings look great and the text is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looking good. I only found one minor grammar error. In the Section on "The Quickstalkers" it says: "as the Woodward trusts they will preserve". The word "the" does not belong there. It should just be "as Woodward trusts they will preserve"
    Thanks for reading it. In this case, "Woodward" is not a name, but a title, much like a mayor or magistrate. Literally, it means a warden of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is looking great. I love the vivid colours. The blue and green really jump off the page. The story is great too, except there's never enough in these little snippets and I always want to know more!!
    Thank you! Honestly, I didn't know where the story was going until I started writing it. I really had no idea what I was going to do. Now I want to write more of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Man, i take my hat off to this fantastic looking village! The buildings look great and the text is wonderful.
    Thank you so much. It's shaping up to be a great competition this month!

-IG

I was thinking that "the Woodward" would be correct only if it was a title, but I know to many people with the last name Woodward to think of it as anything but a name. I do now see the origin as "Warden of the Wood" ie Woodward.

Yeah, I wanted something different than the typical Mayor or Lord. I came across Woodward somewhere and it all started falling into place from there. Thanks again for the once-over though. I really appreciate it!

Your second to last sentence should not have a comma (or change "and is believed" to "and he is believed" to create an independent clause).

Ah, thanks for that. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it before the deadline tomorrow.

And now I'm going to have to drag out my Strunk and White to remind me about independent clauses!

-IG

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456