Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March 2015 3ntry: Dread Bog Witch's Lair

Thanks, Jax!

OK, I placed a grid (1 square = 10 feet), furnishings for the Cypress Tower, and I'm done with the map part - now on to the comic book text frames and a few comic figures... moving right along.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hollow-tree-06.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	72015
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Added hand-drawn labels. Text box placeholders have been created (though if I need to resize them it can still be done).

The long text box will hold the gazetteer for the labels A - G with site description, some detail and scales, as well as potential threats.

The top center box will hold the backstory brief leading up to the Cypress Tower, and why the party needs to go there.

The top right box will hold a description of the river pirates, their equipment, and their Captain (with a comic illustration of a river pirate).

The bottom box will hold a description of the witch, the spells she has ready, the creatures she can call to her aid, and any magic items (with a comic illustration).

The Map/Adventure Title, scale (1 square = 10 feet), the CC license logo, and my name will go in the open space next to the bottom box.

That's my plan anyway...

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	hollow-tree-07.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	72017
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I decided not to do the comic book frames and comic characters, as I lack the time in the face of a commission. However, the map complies to all the rules of the OPDC 2015, so I'm calling this done.

I'm submitting this to the OPDC right now!

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	hollow-tree-08.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.35 MB 
ID:	72018
    DrivethruRPG store

Great entry! My only minor critique would be the bog wights being G on the index - it seems like they would be the first thing you would encounter so it would make more sense to put them first on the legend.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I decided I wanted to add one more text box with some adventure backstory and extra detail - and took Larb's critique to heart, and replacing "A" onto the submerged bog wights in waiting, as well as resetting all the labels. I also moved the bog wights around to cover all sides of the Cypress Tower. Now I'm done for sure!

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	hollow-tree-09.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	72024
    DrivethruRPG store

Banned User

Really very nice!!

One more upload. I fixed the extra line space on the first gazetteer entry, fixed a grammatical error, and enlarged the gazetteer title to accomodate the extra space - slight fixes, no additions. The text is about 9.5 pt size, so still easily read.

And this is the version that I submitted to the OPDC as a 300 dpi PDF at 3.2 MB.

GP

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	cypress-tower.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	72057
    DrivethruRPG store

Love this! I really like the plants/greenery that you've created. It looks awesome.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

The multi-level space inside that cypress? Absolutely cool. Nice use of all these map elements, even more impressive knowing that you've made them all yourself. It looks great, good luck!

cheers,
    Meshon

Very nice job on all the plants. Really like the trees under the water. Nice touch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast