In the middle of Sarithus' amazing WIP thread for Va'Dum, I spotted a bit of despair. Fortunately it passed and the final product is an absolute delight. However, I was reminded of something Neil Gaiman wrote in a NaNoWriMo pep talk a few years back. Though he's talking about writing, I think this sentiment applies to all sorts of creative work:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaiman
The last novel I wrote (it was ANANSI BOYS, in case you were wondering) when I got three-quarters of the way through I called my agent. I told her how stupid I felt writing something no-one would ever want to read, how thin the characters were, how pointless the plot. I strongly suggested that I was ready to abandon this book and write something else instead, or perhaps I cou ld abandon the book and take up a new life as a landscape gardener, bank-robber, short-order cook or marine biologist. And instead of sympathising or agreeing with me, or blasting me forward with a wave of enthusiasm---or even arguing with me---she simply said, suspiciously cheerfully, "Oh, you're at that part of the book, are you?"

I was shocked. "You mean I've done this before?"

"You don't remember?"

"Not really."

"Oh yes," she said. "You do this every time you write a novel. But so do all my other clients."

I didn't even get to feel unique in my despair.

So I put down the phone and drove down to the coffee house in which I was writing the book, filled my pen and carried on writing.

One word after another.
As my ninja (he was actually pretty great, not weird or cheesy at all) teacher used to say (quoting, I think, one of HIS teachers),
Quote Originally Posted by Meshon's Not-weird Ninja Teacher
"KEEP GOING!"
cheers,
Meshon

Edit: I really abused the quote tag, didn't I?