Thread: [Award Winner] Tutorial & Guide for Hand Drawn Maps (Pen & Ink w/ Photoshop)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Can't beat a drafting table, for sure. Mine comes in handy quite a bit, however, they don't hold bottles of open ink to well when you tilt them .... just be forewarned that open bottles will spill directly upside down and spill the entire contents ...

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Can't beat a drafting table, for sure. Mine comes in handy quite a bit, however, they don't hold bottles of open ink to well when you tilt them .... just be forewarned that open bottles will spill directly upside down and spill the entire contents ...
    Well, the one I had envisioned would sit directly atop my kitchen table; thus the ink could be put on the table, instead of the drafting table.

Also, out of curiosity, what is that bit of wood for, which is resting on your stencils?
    Last edited by Highlander; 09-29-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Post I am impressed

This takes me back to my college days to where I had all the supplies. Loved the Radiograph Pens! Now the supplies I have had seemed to slip away. I have joined the league of the unemployed and I can't afford the supplies and with raising two children, they need the food on their plates. I haven't been on the forum in about a month. But I must say that the tutorial is definitely worth five stars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kpadua View Post
    This takes me back to my college days to where I had all the supplies. Loved the Radiograph Pens! Now the supplies I have had seemed to slip away. I have joined the league of the unemployed and I can't afford the supplies and with raising two children, they need the food on their plates. I haven't been on the forum in about a month. But I must say that the tutorial is definitely worth five stars!!!
    Thank kpadua, I just try to put what I know down and hope someone gains some knowledge by it. But the tutorial ain't over... it's an ongoing campaign Appreciate the sentiments, and I understand the no money thing... now I'm stuck without a 4x0 pen .... and will be for a while...

Post Offer mini-tuts...

Couple suggestions for you to try, Del.

Offer a few mini-tutorials on various land forms and/or close up encounter area: create mountainous terrain step by step, create a coastline and river valley reaching the sea, create a structure exterior, and a path in the woods.

Concentrate on the immediate areas concerned, not trying to create complete maps of each tutorial area, just enough to sate some understanding of techniques with pens.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Couple suggestions for you to try, Del.

Offer a few mini-tutorials on various land forms and/or close up encounter area: create mountainous terrain step by step, create a coastline and river valley reaching the sea, create a structure exterior, and a path in the woods.

Concentrate on the immediate areas concerned, not trying to create complete maps of each tutorial area, just enough to sate some understanding of techniques with pens.

GP
    Great Idea GP !! That actually makes more sense. Hadn't thought about it like that at all... but I think that's a good idea... plus, it won't take near the time it does to complete a map... Thanks!

juliadesusa

Default Hand draw Map

It is quite Amazing creation.Hand draw Map with the pen and the diffract type of Inks,Its a good Idea,I have read your Ides and the things that are really informative and good to make MAP on the paper,Different type of nibs,inks and the pens are required to make the MAP.For the colour and the surface of the mountain and the roads will be highlighted with these Ink.Good job.Got such a god Ideas from this.