Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear me.

Default Fear me.

I have come to liberate the mortal world of Petty squabbles.

Not really. I'm just some guy who loves world building, is working on becoming a professional author, and enjoys a game of starcraft now and then.

Currently, Ive been having some trouble drawing up map inspiration and decided to check it out. It lead me here. I do actually have maps drawn up and I'll be sure to post those. Yay.

So the main focus seems to be map building, of course, but it looks like there is some world building topics and threads. Is there is a sister forum for this somewhere or are there just people who party every day with world building?

I don't know. I just think that this place will be cool - especially since I can't seem to draw worth butts. A huge thank you to my wife for helping me with drawing and not sucking.

I guess that's it. Stay fresh home skillets.

Peace.

Felix cupla to all of you.

I hope people read and answer my questions.

Hey Shanrakk. Yes, this is mainly about making maps but there is a lot about world building, in the sense of the geology, climate and such.
    There is some about culture and such but not nearly as much. I don't believe there's a sister site of that sort.
    What were your other questions?
    Welcome to the Guild.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

You might want to check out this site. The Campaign Builders Guild is a site that is dedicated to building campaign settings, where we are on Maps, and I am sure has more discusions on world building (culture Wise) than we do. They used to be part of a Site Ring with us back when I first joined, but THAT has Fallen by the wayside.

And Welcome, Shanrakk, to The Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks for the warm replies guys!

No I don't think I have other questions, but I'm worried my cultural and magical implications might appear in my map making.

Oh wait, I do have a question! We have fantasy maps here, so can I ask for help in, say, floating islands and such?

Banned User

Hi Shanrakk, welcome to the Guild!!

Sure, you can ask for help with baking a cake too.
    Those who can help likely will. Even a magical floating island has certain elements that resemble real islands or at the very least have a corollary to mapping a real island.
    So, yeah, I see no reason why any of that would be an issue. You may get answers you don't find helpful but there's really no harm in asking here.

Sweet. Someone give me something I can reply to so I can send private messages, lol.
    Chick, I recieved yours but can't quite reply to it, sorry.

Long live the Roman empire

ACTUALLY I have another question.

So I have a world map sketched that I'm looking for some feedback on. Where can I post it? Is the world map section just for finished maps?

Banned User

Post in the WIP (Work in Process) thread called Mapmaking Discussion & Philosophy (WIP/Critique), in the Regional/World Mapping section.

And as soon as you have six posts, you should be able to use the Private Messaging.

No. The finished maps area is for finished maps.
    You would post it in the world/regional maps area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast