Thread: Getting noticed

Help Getting noticed

Hey guys,

Maybe it's just because I'm new here, or maybe it's because I accidentally posted my map as as such instead of a WIP, but I haven't seen any feedback for my map yet. I did say I was wondering about certain elements of the map, but I'm wondering if there was specific questions I should ask our avoid to get noticed and get some feedback.

Thanks.

P.s I hope I don't come off as a self centered jerk - there are plenty of other people here that need help on their maps too.

As you know, a lot of people post a lot of maps here. Often, something in the title of your post or in the first part of your text will trigger the decision of whether one looks at that particular map or not.

I was wondering about certain elements of the map, but I'm wondering if there was specific questions I should ask our avoid to get noticed and get some feedback
    Asking a question in your thread or title saying that you need help usually will get you somewhere.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Thanks!

Well in that case, do I need to take my old post down? Sorry I'm relatively new to forum conduct.

Banned User

I agree with Mark. Sometimes people post a map with a general "how do you like this" approach, hoping for feedback but not really ready for it. I avoid commenting on maps where I don't see a clear direction the artist is going with it, so if you take your map as far as you can yourself, then post more specifically, like "I am not happy with my mountain locations, can someone suggest....", you're more likely to get feedback, and probably more helpful feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanrakk View Post
    Well in that case, do I need to take my old post down?
    No. Of course not. Just give us a bit more with which we can work.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Blog Entries

lets see if we can find a link to that old post

i normally do not post anything other than
    " I like it " for types of maps i do not make .I leave that to those that do
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---