The most bizzare thing happened to me while sleeping last night. I dreamed of a map. Some of you may dream maps, I usually don't, but I did last night. I am hoping that next month's challenge has something to do with a regional map, as I can implement ideas that were in my dream.

Of course dreams are pretty hazy, so I don't remember specific borders, coastline shapes, or city names, but there was a unique element in my dream map, that I'd like to try an implement in my next regional map. It was clear and unmistakeable - and something I could actually implement.

Without spoiling the idea - I will say, a graphic symbol that represents some Eldritch Evil or Cthulu-like cult and the center of evil in this region is the prominent feature on the map. This monsterous symbol gives indications on which outlying communities are controlled by it, which ones have been "destroyed" by it, which communities are in the process of being taken over, and one community that was successfully driving the threat off - probably the site where a band of heroes are from in the beginning of a possible campaign.

All the above is described without words - graphically only. But I know it will work. So hopefully the next challenge can accomodate my ideas.

Just had to mention it, I've nevered dreamed of a map before. I did last night, and I intend to implement what I perceived. I'm kind of excited about the idea. We'll see how it goes...

GP

PS: I didn't whether or not, I should post these thoughts, having just dreamed it - I had to let somebody know. Weird, huh?