Thread: I dreamed about a map, last night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Cool - Get it down quick!

I've dreamed of viewing artwork before, and in my dream thinking that the work was pretty decent. When I woke, I couldn't remember what it was - or it was hazy- but I soon realized it was artwork I was meant to have created in my dream and if only I could remember it clearly I would have tried to replicate it. One of the things I find frustrating with my 'real' work is not being able to view it objectively and in the dream I could because I could see my finished work, rather than it from start to finish..

I have dreamt of other images and created artwork from them before - or rather it's inspired artwork. Also I had a nice experience the other day with my map for this month mapping challenge too. I had worked on my entry quite intensely that I was sick of it (Bunckleburry). I had finished it and after a few days, last week I was feeling a bit tired so I had a bit of a lie down.

After closing my eyes for a bit I saw my map in 3D and I was slowly floating down to it's surface as I headed towards the top of a hill looking out over the rest of my map. It was also only the confined area of the map so it was square with nothing beyond. Lasted for only a few seconds, but it was a nice experience all the same.

I think RobA's hex map had something to do with it subconciously too

I've had some dreams that involved artwork, but most recently I dreamt that I was writing in my journal. I had the feeling these were very interesting thoughts I was writing down, but then I woke up and didn't remember any of them of course .

I'm curious to see how this map of yours will turn out GamerPrinter, it sounds interesting =)

I certainly hope that you plan to show us the results regardless of whether or not it fits into next month's challenge. You're a talented artist, and when artists are this amped about a project, great things tend to happen.

Good luck to you.

-IG