Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to do a star field

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

So I had the dead planet (I figure that looong time ago there was a war that this planet lost...High v carrying planetoid strike) that needed some debris...so I found a tutorial on such and tried it out and you can see the results. I have a bit of a mishmash of shadow styles going on here, and would like some feedback on which look more "believable" or visually pleasing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solar System.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	72974
    Last edited by Korash; 04-26-2015 at 12:50 AM. Reason: added link to tutorial
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

By Korash
    The only thing I modified on the tut was to duplicate the ball and set it to multiply and full opacity
    Actually I think I did the same for my eggregor maps (and with a different ball). It's just a base method and it's no doubt better when you adapt it to your map. I really like your cracked moon btw . It looked a bit blurred when zoomed in on the last picture, though. Interesting tutorial for the rings, I've a very different method!

I think my favorite plannet is the small moon on the very bottom. The texture looks the most realistic to me.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

You might want to check out this one: http://www.flamingpear.com/glitterato.html
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Guild Novice

Nice image,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12