28. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

19 67.86%
  • no

9 32.14%

Thread: Halloween regional map...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If I DO participate I would probably do a community (town map) and not a regional map. Most horror I am familiar with usually occurs in a small location (Zombie infested mall, Camp Crystal Lake, bunch of Trick-or-treating kids, small grocery store in a mist, etc.)
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Town map is fine!

I agree a town map would be a great way to go with horror. Truth is it would be quite a challenge to try and horrify a regional map, moreso than a town map, so being a larger number of people could work out a horror town - that's probably the best way to go.

In listening to some of the arguments in why those who do and do not enter into challenges, many seem to prefer larger map regions vs. tactical battlemap scale, so I offered regional, but town maps would still be attractive to the many.

I say, let's call it a City/Town Horror map for a challenge!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

I'll vote here after I have seen the Oct challenge. Maybe we can just put some horror into the Oct framework anyway. I saw Dusk till Dawn the other day. That had the distinct impression that part way through filming Tarantino thought... "you know this film needs a bit more horror in it". Perhaps ill do a Dusk till Dawn entry.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

that's because Robert Rodriguez wrote the last half of the movie.. it was a joint production between the two.... Tarantino wrote the first part.. hence all the dialog Rodriquez wrote the second part.. hence all the explosions and blood

Blog Entries

Ah - that explains a LOT ! I was prewarned about the change before I started though I withheld that knowledge from my wife when watching just to see the reaction.

Okay so left half of my map, 3D realistic rendered with full lighting... right half done in daubed blood and newspaper ransom lettering. Yup I reckon thats a hit.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Actually, that does sound kinda cool ...would give me a use for the millions of so-called grunge brushes out there on the web.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps