I have recently found this site and figure there are tons of people much more qualified than myself in regards to creating the map. I have an idea for a story and thought I would post here with information and see what all resources are out there.

I have a basic idea of how I would like my map to look (it is rough and only has country names but no town names as of yet.)
I am not sure of what a normal rate is for creating this map. What is normal? I aspire to write a novel so might need the map for the book front. I am assuming that would be me needing the copyright but can give full credits of the design to the artist.

Timeframe is that I am currently gathering thoughts still so the story is a while off. Not in a big rush to get it completed but it might help the creative juices at some point.

Size of map would be somewhat small to begin with but might grow if I need to expand the storyline later on. Most likely one continent really.

I am open to adapting the map if it makes sense and I can change the story obviously at some point in the future with regards to locales.

Any information would be appreciated! I am a novice in regards to normal practice with this stuff so am trying to give as much information as possible.

Cheers,

Drubnek