Thread: Fantasy map for novel series

Help Fantasy map for novel series

Project Scope:
    A set of maps to for online use as companion to a series of fantasy novels. The first novel is out (Storm Bride), and others are forthcoming. I ultimately need a many small variations on the single map, showing the area in different time periods, but rather than make 40 different map requests with slightly different parameters, I'm looking for a single base map that I can modify myself.

Design Concept:
    The north-west region of a large continent, with one large mountain range, a few smaller mountainous regions, several rivers, etc. The maps should be in a physiographic style showing elevation, climate, vegetation, etc. with shading and color, like this fantasy map or this real-world map. There should be NO text or political boundaries on the maps (these are among the things that I'll add myself).

I'll provide you with my crude hand-drawn maps once I have an agreement.

Number of maps:
    One full-color map covering the region
    One black-and-white map of the same region, showing only coastlines, waterways, and mountains. Mountains may be indicated by terrain shading.

Technical:
    Image should be at least 2000x2000 px, suitable for viewing on the web at full size, but also suitable for down-scaling.
    Format must be something suitable for further modification, preferably not one tied to specific software. Lossless PNG is probably fine (though I'm not an expert at this, so recommend me something else if you think it's better).

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer, but I must have the right to modify the image and redistribute both the original and modified images for commercial purposes. A CC-Commercial-Attribution-Sharealike license may be appropriate if the cartographer agrees.

Deadline:
    Flexible. Ideally no more than a few weeks.

Payment:
    $100 OBO.

Contact
    Jesse Bangs
    jsbangs@gmail.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yivras 001.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	72001
    Last edited by jaspax; 03-24-2015 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Added photo

I updated the original post with a scan of the hand-drawn map that we'll be adapting.

This request has been taken. Thanks, everybody.