Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** April 2015 Challenge : Cut-away***

Haha, the challenge seems to have caused a little confusion.
    It looks like fun, and as always, I'll say I'll join in but will forget about this :c
    *sigh*

Here is a quick sketch that may clear up some confusion. =P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	challengeins.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	72568  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Love it Larb, perfect.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Member

I think calling it a "cross-section" would be easier (at least for me). It's basically like an anatomical dissection of your map: don't show the surface, but what is inside of it.

But I hope Larb visualization is enough to clarify! Max suggestion previously (http://www.mikeschley.com/128063/469...s-compound-map) was also very helpful.
    Last edited by Diego Araujo; 04-08-2015 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Here is a quick sketch that may clear up some confusion. =P
    Thank you for this, Larb!

Thanks Larb

I think the confusion was caused by the fact that nobody would call a side exterior view a cut-away, so trying to make sense of the exclusion was confusing people as they tried to make it into something that would prevent a confusion that would actually happen. Especially since cutaway is used as a term for specifically 3-D views (see Wikipedia's "cutaway drawing" entry) as distinguished from the general cross section view which may be 2-D or 3-D.

Either way I'm still wracking my brain for an idea that I can get behind. I'm walking around asking myself, "what do I want to draw for this?" And so far I got butkus.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I did start something for this tonight but I hated it so attempt 2 is tomorrow. =P

I have made three attempts at this but I haven't been able to come up with something I'm happy to submit. And the house sketch I did just didn't feel mappy enough. I'll probably make a separate post with some of my stuff in another thread at some point. I at least did figure out the style of architecture for one of my fictional regions though. If I can get something done tomorrow I'll enter but I'll have to see.

Good luck to those who entered though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123