Thread: Hi

Default Hi

Hello,

I'm extremely new to the whole tabletop RPG thing, though i've always been intrigued by it.

I recently got thrown in head-first when a bunch of my friends (also completely new to tabletop RPGs) decided to start a Dragon Age tabletop session and asked me to be the DM. So far i've only done a couple of sessions with them, but i've noticed how much more immersive the game got when i sketched out a couple of quick top-down views of some scenes they were playing in. So then i started searching online for any visual aids to help make my games more engaging, and then i found this forum and got my mind blown.

I'm usually not very active in forums, so please dont be offended if i seem really quiet or anything. But i'll definitely be lurking around reading lots of posts. cos where i'm from (Singapore), pen and paper RPGs are a pretty niche form of entertainment, and i'm gonna be needing all the help and tips i can get. haha~

Anyways, thanks for the add and i look forward to hanging out here and maybe eventually uploading some of the stuff i'll be working on in the future.

Catch you guys around!
    -wheatgerm

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Welcome to the guild wheatgerm. Good to hear you're having some fun with RPGs and got the mapping bug! You're welcome to sneak around in the shadows and peek at things, but this is a really welcoming place too, so feel free to post maps as you work on them. There's a bunch of forums for different types of maps, and a bunch of people who will be more than happy to help you with tips, advice, and encouragement.

Enjoy!

cheers,
    Meshon

Banned User

Hello wheatgerm, welcome to the Guild! I expect you will find that a very high percent of the people here came for exactly the same reason, and stayed to learn to draw maps