Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Book Maps.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip

Forgot the wip... here's the first label ... of the top world... there will be one in the middle... and one at the bottom... will also have some labels on the both worlds, some land some water....

Just wanted to know what you think of the first banner up there....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	worldmaps3.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	6866

Ack wrong forest.... brb.
    Last edited by Badger; 10-05-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    Hmm, to be honest I didn't like that either. I don't know, I thought it was annoying. Weakness breeds weakness

In my story that halfling - although I don't feature them - would probably have his throat ripped out. But not before his belly was sliced open and live rats were put in. And before that he would have had to watch his entire family tortured, abused and killed. Oh, and he certainly wouldn't have been brought back alive They might have kept some of his female relatives as entertainment, though.

But hey, the wizards in my story aren't really that nice people.
    That's not his domain... that's Talaszhar's ... don't worry... I've got plenty of evil... enough for the both of us...

and why not bring him back... so you can do it all over again... but you see how fast you can get it all done before he dies again... lol

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    That's not his domain... that's Talaszhar's ... don't worry... I've got plenty of evil... enough for the both of us...

and why not bring him back... so you can do it all over again... but you see how fast you can get it all done before he dies again... lol
    Well, I never claimed I understood any of the gods

There are no gods in my world. The wizards committed genocide on all the believers as they were not really compatible with their doctrine and all that.

I like the banner btw. Gotta sleep now.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Ok... got the right forest now.. .played with the banner because it was a bit out of whack.. added some effects to it .... let me know what ya'll tihnk

Name:	worldmaps_AtD_2 copy.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	641.5 KB 
ID:	6868

Ok... got the right forest now.. .played with the banner because it was a bit out of whack.. added some effects to it .... let me know what ya'll tihnk

Name:	worldmaps_AtD_2 copy.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	641.5 KB 
ID:	6868
    It looks better, especially the banner (which I already thought was more than ok).

The one thing that is starting to "bother" me is that this isn't really a map I would expect in a fantasy book. I don't understand why it looks like there are two maps in one. And I don't understand why there are no cities. But that's just because most fantasy books have a simple overland map with some cities and stuff. Don't get me wrong here, originality is always good. Just wondering...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Love the second banner style Delgo.

Still working on reading your prologue, once I do I'll post my thoughts.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

added the middle and bottom banners... oh joy. that didn't take long at all... not...

Name:	worldmaps_AtD_4 copy.jpg 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	6902

added the middle and bottom banners... oh joy. that didn't take long at all... not...

Name:	worldmaps_AtD_4 copy.jpg 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	6902
    They look cool enough. So I never do pencil stuff, but how much time did you invest in this map so far?

Well.. this is all being done in Photoshop, I did the banners in Illustrator and then put them in via paste as smart objects. Time so far in this map... (Since I do have so many things going on at the moment I try to dedicate some time to it) Maybe eight hours so far.

The symbols are mine that I scanned in from drawings. I'm doing it in greyscale cause its cheaper to print than color.

The reason for no cities, is this isn't as much a map as it is artful representation of the current state of things for the denizens of my world. A visual aide if you will. Maybe that will give you a better idea of what I'm shooting for here. With this map anway.

So originally you said you were going to do/use three maps...
    The map you have been working on with the two worlds, does that count as the second map or the second and third map?

If it's the second, what's going to be in the third map?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast