Thought I might as well start my thread and put up what I've done already.

This is a very early stage and it's *extremely* rough at the moment. It's really more of a general layout plan than anything else. I probably will change lots as I go along, except the overall shape (hopefully!) I plan to have a moat around the city, connecting to a river, but that'll come later. I also haven't drawn in the gates, but there'll be one at the western point and one at the north-east.

Most of the squarish blobs are really just to indicate where a building will go. The shape is in no way finalised. Some of the more complicated shapes will probably stay, but never say never. And, of course, there are whole sections that I haven't got to yet. Most of these will be residential. I've designated the eastern area to be the trade/commercial part of the city. I included a legend to give you all an idea of where I'm going with this.

I want to do lots of ridiculously fancypants buildings. Might not have time to pull it off, but I'll give it my best shot. Buildings like a citadel or a library lend themselves to OTT architecture, but I'm not sure what's best for some of the other buildings. It's hard to convey an inn or a clock maker or a tea shop from the roof! They might end up not that different from the houses, except perhaps with different coloured roofs. I need to think about it some more.

Anyway, that's where I'm at for now.

### LATEST WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sf.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	949.3 KB 
ID:	72823