Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Second World Mapping Attempt

Thank you.

The forest texture I found on here I believe, English Woods-seamless. But I don't know where it was so I'll just add the texture image on here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	English Woods-seamless.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	4.24 MB 
ID:	72937  

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    Thank you.

The forest texture I found on here I believe, English Woods-seamless. But I don't know where it was so I'll just add the texture image on here.
    Interesting. Do you mean that you found it here on the Cartographer site ?
    It is apparently fractal generated as I thought.
    The reason I asked was because I developped a collection of fractal generated textures for my creations but yours is subtly different.

It was post #97 by ravells in the Land / Sea Fill Textures thread in the Mapping Elements section.
    Last edited by Kyros; 04-25-2015 at 05:45 PM.

I think it was nice before, but this version really makes it look polished!

If you're still interested in making Tamriel TES lore correct, I'd recommend the Imperial Library's cartography section. It's got all the official maps from the games, from which you can pull information about river placement, biomes, etc. You might also be interested in my in-progress mapping of the continent using all the latest information. I have to note that official maps always change, so there's quite a bit of leeway in what something is "supposed" to look like.

I thank you for your kind words Lady Nerevar and again for those links. I was completely unaware of either of those two sites. They will surely come in handy as I map out the topography and rivers of the Tamrielic continent as best I can. I am currently experimenting with river appearances to try and get a good look and possibly texture to them. I hope to have a new version to post up again soon.

Between Singapore, Paris and San Francisco

@Kyros great map I'm the programmer of Mighty Dungeons, community-driver RPG where most of the content from the game comes from players, including campaigns/missions/dungeons. With the growing number of campaigns a simple list doesn't cut it and i was looking for maps to put these campaigns/dungeons on and I really like yours. How would that work if I wanted to use one of your maps? I will need to make small mods to it to match with the graphical style that I need, I can do that myself and run them through you if you want. Let me know! Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12