Thread: Looking for Feedback on world map

Map Looking for Feedback on world map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vxH7N2V.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	73118
    I made this map for a fantasy world I'm making, and would just like a bit of feedback on it. Does it seem as if it could work, do I have to change anything/add or remove anything?
    (Sorry about the quality, my scanner is not very good)

Guild Apprentice

I really like the shapes and the coastline.
    Your rivers are very weird, though. They seem to be coming out of the mountains, then split, and flow into the ocean in a few different mouths - which is about the opposite of what rivers do (they merge, forming larger single rivers that lead to the sea. Rivers splitting is extremely rare). There's a very good post on this forum on the topic of rivers: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3822
    Personally, I'm not a fan of this kind of 'inverted V'-mountains, but I guess that is mostly a question of personal taste.
    Other than the rivers, it looks like a great start!

Banned User

What kimni said about the rivers

Also, mountains normally occur in long ranges rather than a round blob-shaped area. I'd suggest you string them out a bit. If you want to see what I mean, go to the Gallery and just look through some maps by the experienced artists here.

The other thing that I would change is the mix of white and parchment texture for the land and the ocean clashes harshly with the blue of the shallows. Try making the ocean deeper blue of the same hue as the shallows.

On the good side, your coastlines are very nice, and the island chains look very realistic and detailed!

Overall, good job and a great start for your first map!!