For reference I'm following this tutorial for the printing portion: http://newbiedm.com/2009/01/13/newbi...-to-a-1-scale/ and attempting to apply the same methodology except to scale down the image not up.

So here's what's happening: If I put the image into Excel (insert -> picture) and format the page for Landscape printing and I make no other changes the image is so large that it will be about 30 some odd pages of printing. So my thought is if I adjust the scale in GIMP I can lower the size of the image so that it prints at the 1” grid square instead of the 2” grid square.

The tutorial is fantastic and works perfect for an image that has a grid square that is less than 1". What I can't figure out is the situation I have where the grid square is measuring 200px x 200 px using the measure tool. I'm guessing at this point there's a difference between the Image Scaling setting of px resolution (100 see below) and using the measuring tool where I get 200px.

The Image scaling box in GIMP looks something like this for the image:

Image size
Width: 6250 px (when switched to inches it’s about 34…)
Height: 5320 px (I don’t the exact number; sorry I’m doing this at work from memory)

X Resolution: 100.000
Y Resolution: 100.000

So how would I go about adjusting the px in the measuring tool? Or is it as Midgardsormr says I just need to adjust the dpi and if so how do I do that? Is it a print setting within GIMP or Posterazor? I’m not going to lie I haven’t messed around with GIMP much or Posterazor at all so please pardon my ignorance.

In the end I want the image to be larger than one sheet of paper because I'm putting it onto poster board for our games, but 30 pages is way to large (I don't want to have to use four poster boards just to create the map). If I could get it to print the exact size of a poster board that’d be fantastic.

In the end I found a work around by using a PDF version of the image and printing it in poster format at 50% size and it ended up being 9 pages and the grid squares are exactly one inch. I just imagine there would be a way to size the picture in GIMP so when printing it's not the 30 pages stated above.

Thanks.