Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
It's looking good Abu! A few questions/comments: I think that your planetary grid is a bit too strong, did you try with a brighter one? What does the ball around giant gases like Sapir represents? Will you add a texture effect on the border?
I really like your sartfield and the IASA logo is excellent !
Hey Ilanthar, thanks a lot for the nice feedback!
Regarding your Questions:
- I'm working on an other texture for the border. There is a slight "brushed" texture already on it, but maybe i'll add a bit more "grunge" to it, to make it look more shabby...
- Glad you asked about the Gas-giants! I totally forgot to mention, that the low-opacity Planets behind them are depicting the original size compared to the other planets.
- I altered the grid a bit, does it look better now?
- The logo was inspired by a pretty popular gimp-logo-tutorial on youtube.
-I also made some subtle labels in the style of the ones on your Aarklash-in-space map, hope you are ok with it? They look so nice, i couldn't resist... Now the starfield isn't looking so empty anymore, as chick rightly pointed out.

I finally finished the Star-system map with some detailed information about the planets and a key.
And well, i reworked the planet (again... ) because i still wasn't too happy with it...

As always, any kind of thoughts, suggestions and critique are much appreciated.

Cheers,
AL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	space_archaeology_wip7.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	4.35 MB 
ID:	73247