Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Google Maps-like Page

Quote Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
    Both examples have links to the relevant javascript and you can view the page source. In both cases all that's really important are the script elements pulling in the java script and a div element with an id of map placed where you want the map. The first example you gave then just uses a single ordinary image.

For something with vector polygons in a GeoJSON file being displayed with highlight on hover take a look at this one: http://openlayers.org/en/v3.4.0/exam...r.html?q=hover
    Sorry about triple posting but I feel like since it's posted so much later it needs a separate post rather than just an edit. Otherwise, that map you just sent is like perfect, is it possible to add links to each country, or a popup that lets you click on a link. Also, can it be done in two layers. One layer would be zommed out and show you the countries and when zoomed in it would show the provinces and states?

the map I want to use (kwandrivia.net/forum) has countries with regions and cities in them, I would want it to be interactive with places taking you to that area on the forum.
    BriniaSona
    Graphic Artist of Sanctity Design
    Founder and Administrator of Kwandrivia: Action Roleplay Forum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BriniaSona View Post
    Sorry about triple posting but I feel like since it's posted so much later it needs a separate post rather than just an edit. Otherwise, that map you just sent is like perfect, is it possible to add links to each country, or a popup that lets you click on a link. Also, can it be done in two layers. One layer would be zommed out and show you the countries and when zoomed in it would show the provinces and states?

the map I want to use (kwandrivia.net/forum) has countries with regions and cities in them, I would want it to be interactive with places taking you to that area on the forum.
    Scale dependant styling is entirely doable. That same example does a variation on the idea by adding labels as you zoom in. Adding links to vector shapes is doable as well; if there aren't examples on the OL3 example page, there ought to be explanations in their documentation.

Okay, ive decided to just stick with the static image for now.

How do I make it so once I get to the end of the map, it continues to the other side, like google maps does. Also, at the same time, when someone scrolls to the top, it stops and doesnt allow them to scroll any further
    BriniaSona
    Graphic Artist of Sanctity Design
    Founder and Administrator of Kwandrivia: Action Roleplay Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12