Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aarklash in space

Thank you guys!

@Jshoer : Yes, the telluric planets are approximately at the same scale. The gas giants are at another scale (they should be far much bigger) and there's no scale for orbit distances.

@Eilathen : Like this ? That would be more work since I haven't detailed enough a lot of planets. That's the drawback of a map that is just made for practice and not for gaming purpose .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manilia.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	597.8 KB 
ID:	72984

Okay! I'm used to seeing planet sizes in terms of radius, and so I was wondering why your planets with 1g surface gravity were so big. That explains it.

Space maps aren't normally my thing, but this is a great job. Can't rep you unfortunately, but I'm repping you in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    @Eilathen : Like this ? That would be more work since I haven't detailed enough a lot of planets. That's the drawback of a map that is just made for practice and not for gaming purpose .
    Yeah, something like this I was only half serious anyway
    But wouldn't it be great to make a project that is something like your space-map here (or the awesome norse-inspired one) and then several detail maps of the planets (with continental maps and stuff)?! I know i'd like to have such a playground for a science fantasy-ish setting...it would be epic
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks ChickPea !

@Eilathen : in fact, I planned to do some planet maps my eggregor setting (the inner sphere system mainly)... but well, my players are still on the same planet for now and I didn't need it right now. But I may need in the future, so why not!

Among the better Sci-fi galactic maps I've seen! Kudos.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks a lot Arsheesh! This one was made for practice (and inspired by guilders's works)... and I'm still learning things about space maps !

I never get bored of your sci_fi style, great work!

Thanks Francissimo! As long as I need those maps and like to do them, I'll work some new ones .

Nice map. Did you make the planets yourself?

I guess they are really good at terraforming (and the gravity of nearly all planets is around 1).
    Last edited by s0meguy; 10-18-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast