Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sagemound [WIP]

Thanks Ilanthar. I'm going to try, if time permits.
    Thanks Bogie. I need to add more, like more trees and some stuff in the town square.
    Larb - yes, they are. I am considering doing a sewer/undertown map. Maybe something that leads down to caverns or something.
    Again, time will determine how far I get with those plans. Here's a crop of full size with the sewer grates.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sagemound 01b_4crop.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	451.8 KB 
ID:	72992

When I'm done I'll upload a larger map so the details can be seen better.

A bit more color laid down. I wanted to try something like greenish grey slate roof tiles.
    I'm not completely convinced yet but I still have some alternate color tiling to do and some highlights as well so maybe I'll be okay with this roof color scheme.
    Otherwise I'll have to redo the whole roof color. So here's where I'm at currently.

Name:	Sage mound 01b_4.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	581.4 KB 
ID:	72991
    Last edited by J.Edward; 04-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.

I'm drooling over this. It's looking incredible already!

Running... out... of... steam... got a bit more done but I'm just not feelin it today.
    I did some roof variation and some other textural stuff but I'm tired and it seems less than satisfying to me.
    I'm not quite diggin the grass look. I'll have to try something else there.
    I think the greenish grey slate roofing is making the town seem a bit lack luster.
    Anyway, here's where I got to before I burned out.

Name:	Sagemound 01c_1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	723.2 KB 
ID:	73005

Oh, thank you ChickPea.

Man, your town layouts are really stunning! I like the "connected" houses a lot, it gives this nice cozy/cramped feeling of medieval towns. Don't know exactly what you think is "lackluster" with the roofs, in my view they look fantastic, but i have to admit that i really like slate roofs... ...and yeah, i agree with the others, to see another "Bourmout-like" perspective on this one would be wonderful, but please not at all costs (e.g. burning out ) ... take care!
    Cheers,
    AL

I like the slate roofs. There are a couple roofs that you did a narrow band of light tan tiles on the edge, it is a nice look. I think if you just did that to a couple more of the larger roofs then the whole town will look even better.

The roofs are fantastic imho. Concerning the grass, I confess I liked the less saturated color you had before, but as far as I can see, the texturing looks fine to me.

Thanks Abu. I am going to try.
    Thanks as well Ilanthar. I'm still thinking about the grass. It may change, I'm not sure.
    Thanks Bogie. I think what you're talking about are the buildings that have stone around the roofs.
    Sort of like Anglo-Saxon buildings I think.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3111/...61c237bd96.jpg

That being said, maybe a few more buildings could stand to be done that way.

Love it! You could stop there and have an awesome map! Frankly I love what you did with the roofs too.

Thanks Rigo.
    I started last night on trying to get the perspective part started.

This is coming along beautifully J. Look forward to the next update.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast