Thread: Industa V6 - Massive Map

Default Industa V6 - Massive Map

Hey Folks!

Recently I thought that my worldmap (version 5 - link below)is yet quite fine but pretty small in size, so I remade it in a different style that is less cartoon like and more realistic.
    Additionally the new version of Indusa (6) has become pretty massive with a size of around 17K x 6K in pixel.
    By now I have managed to rework all landmasses on the new map. Everything has now much more detail as it is possible to visualize it now.
    At first, here is the link to the old version 5:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...hlight=Industa

And now here it is! My personal masterpiece!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eju5ck2wxg...%20V6.png?dl=0
    alternate link:
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Indus...XoPReM9c2vYI8A

(Sadly the image is that large that it needs to be linked for not being one massive lag)

-All Landmasses are complete - took me around 20 hours
    -Ocean will follow and has a blue placeholder by now

Next goal:
    -Recreating the whole ocean with the same amount of quality and detail like the landmasses

future goals:
    -Roads, cities, fortresses
    -regional borders and names

Nice but too much Ocean for my taste )

A very nice map. Good continent shaping and land texturing, especially upon the forests. I also like how you created the mountains giving them an actual built up appearance. Looking forwards to seeing the ocean reach the same level of quality.

Thanks for the replies!

@mvojnovic:
    There is even more ocean up north and down south! But since the North is just Icecape and the south remains as a steamocean because of its heat they do not need to be mapped.

@Kyros:
    Thank you very much, Kyros! This is the result of working on the same worldmap for years!
    I will try my very best to make sure the ocean wont lack quality!

Okay I made some progress, but not too much, though....
    Firstly:
    While I am trying to find a proper technique to visualize the ocean
    I use the "old" V5 ocean that I stretched to 300% size. looks okay, although not perfect.

Secondly:
    I am also working on naming and relocating the bigger cities in the world.
    But I am not that great at giving the texts a proper font and shape. Any advice would be great!

Thirdly:
    This is what the region looks like with the temporary V5 ocean layer and the city labels and names:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zentral Ankora.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	73131

After messing around a bit more I decided to redraw the whole underwater map new for the new size and it looks far better now - my opinion....
    It looks much smoother right now because I did't create a light layer for it yet... have a look:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zentral Ankora.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	73243 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zentral Ankora 2.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	4.28 MB 
ID:	73244