Thread: Salutations all! Newbie looking to satiate one's creative appetite

Guild Applicant

Default Salutations all! Newbie looking to satiate one's creative appetite

What started as research into the tabletop RPG hobby (D&D) eventually led me to find the Cartographers' Guild on an internet list of GM/DM resources. It wasn't until I saw Mike Schley's maps did I have the compulsion to create a map of some sort. I've been itching to try my hand at designing one ever since.

So a little something about myself. I'm currently a web developer that used to be a web/graphic designer, video fx artist, architectural visualizer, jack of all trades swiss army knife (I did what my bosses asked of me because 'look, shiny!'). This has led me to become both a programmer and an artist, which is a rare occurence. I like demystifying the unknown (to me), breaking them down into more familiar & sensible concepts, and sharing it with others of like mind. I'm a voracious consumer of information. Some of that information fuels my ideas and sparks my desire to create something from them.

I have not created a map in the traditional sense but I have created maps of information and visualized concepts. Now is a good time as any to dust off my drawing skills. Also, I'm highly obsessive when it comes to usability so I hope it lends well to my beginning foray into cartography.

I hope to see more fabulous maps from fine creative folks in the community, as well as sharing some of my own at some point in the future!

Banned User

Hello MaxCapacitor, welcome to the Guild! I'll look forward to seeing your first map

Indeed, welcome and hope to see some stuff out of you soon
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi MaxCapacitor, welcome to the guild. Be sure to check out the tutorial sections, and when you're ready - make a post in the WIP section for help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise