Thread: *** October Challenge -- Urban Mapping ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ouch... Urban mapping is not my specialty... Maybe I'll need some advice when started...

Post Sci-Fi Urban Sprawl

Hmmm, I'm kind of in the mood to create a Sci-Fi urban sprawl, something like the world of Blade Runner, Fifth Element, or the City of Star Wars Episode 2. Anyway, I might create multi-levels of hovercars, elevated trains. Which means those building outlines would belong to huge buildings.

Just an idea, anyway, it will probably be a while before I start, week or so.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Good idea! I knew right what I would do if I found the time to enter when I read the challenge and saw the layout. I run a sci-fi campaign presently, so perhaps I could make a map for the challenge that I could also use myself, which might help me free up time to enter a challenge. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Hmmm, I'm kind of in the mood to create a Sci-Fi urban sprawl, something like the world of Blade Runner, Fifth Element, or the City of Star Wars Episode 2. Anyway, I might create multi-levels of hovercars, elevated trains. Which means those building outlines would belong to huge buildings.
    ... GP beat me to it. I'm not sure I can compete with GP's skill level in another style challenge within the same genre. Still, my setting would not be as technologically advanced probably. We'll see if I can arrange the time to enter, but I'm truly not sure, as its really just three weeks and it'll be almost a week before I have a day off to consider it.

Great challenge though! It'll be a lot of fun to follow this one in progress.