Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Continent of Atya, questions on labeling

So it has been a while since I updated this WIP because I didn't really have any time to work on it.

The only thing that have actually gotten to so far is (hopefully) fixing the pixelated coastline and trying out a new texture since the old one just didn't work for me. I removed the outer glow of the land too, this looks much more balanced and authentic I think.
    Please let me know what you think of the new coastline and texture and whether you like them or not, I can't do this without your feedback!

(I also took this chance to add a couple islands because I felt there were way too few!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	[WIP] The Continent  of Atya (2) 4.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	73694

This is looking really good. I like that new texture a lot. To my untutored eye, the islands look fine, but I'm sure someone will be along to tell you if they're not!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

The overall land shape is very appealing in this one. And I like the mountain placement. Though, I preferred the color scheme you had in the first versions!

Keep up the good work

Cheers,
    Tainotim

I agree with tainotim.

While the newest map is not bad (on the contrary, it's a really nice map in itself), i am still a big fan of your first version (yes, with the font everybody else seem to hate ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Thanks for the comments everyone.
    I just realised I could spend days perfecting the texture of this map trying to use all your feedback. I do have that sort of time, however, I want to get on with this map too, so in the next days I'm going to work on the map itself rather than the texture. Expect some update soon!

-Dan

Yeah, sometimes you've just got to make a decision and get on with it! Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I has been ages since I worked on this map but after a while I decided to get back at it. I have continued labeling the map and started doing forests as well. I'm not quite sure yet if I like them, but they'll do for now.

Here's where I'm at right now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	West Chàr an Tıra.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	78899

Feedback and critique is welcome!

-Dan

Good to see some progress on this map. I still like it a lot.
    About the forests...i am always torn on this style...it has something going for it but i am never really 100% convinced by it...maybe because it always seems to be a bit blurry and it does not clearly say "forest" to me. It could be burned down forest () or even stone-pillar-forest (yes, that's a thing in fantasy ) or even high grass steppe.
    Not sure that was helpful
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Good to see some progress on this map. I still like it a lot.
    About the forests...i am always torn on this style...it has something going for it but i am never really 100% convinced by it...maybe because it always seems to be a bit blurry and it does not clearly say "forest" to me. It could be burned down forest () or even stone-pillar-forest (yes, that's a thing in fantasy ) or even high grass steppe.
    Not sure that was helpful
    Thanks Eilathen! Good to hear you still like this map, it has a certain appeal to me too (: I must say that, looking back at the map now, I do like the forests so I guess I'll stick with them.

-Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12