Thread: Looking for software for modern/sci fi maps

Default Looking for software for modern/sci fi maps

Hi folks Im looking for some easy to use mapping software to create modern city/street and sci fi maps for a online tabletop game using fantasy grounds. I used to use dundjinni but am having incredibly horrible luck getting it working on my new pc. Ive read almost everything that talks about getting it installed for windows 7. I need software that is as easy to use as dundjinni. Ive tried using the profantasy suite and its a fairly complex application to learn. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dax

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Yep Im looking for the same thing but more 3d ish (but will look at anything at this point) and standalone preferably opensource or free.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Bumping this since no one has answered

I personally use inkscape to make modern maps. I'm not sure what style you're looking for, but these are something examples I made using inkscape.
    btw use inkscape 0.48.5, the newest version works poorly.

Country map:
    http://fayl.in/api/redirect/file/Rzzz
    City map:
    http://fayl.in/api/redirect/file/opVM

Quote Originally Posted by Daxon Khaed View Post
    Hi folks Im looking for some easy to use mapping software to create modern city/street and sci fi maps for a online tabletop game using fantasy grounds. I used to use dundjinni but am having incredibly horrible luck getting it working on my new pc. Ive read almost everything that talks about getting it installed for windows 7. I need software that is as easy to use as dundjinni. Ive tried using the profantasy suite and its a fairly complex application to learn. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dax
    Hi Dax,

This July, MapForge v1.0 should be going on sale, and it might fit the bill for what you're looking for. This "Modern Streets" artpack is going to be ported to MapForge format, and it will be a free download (one of 9 free Add-Ons). Another nice freebie will be a modern day Shopping Mall Add-On (use with zombies or without).
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.