Thread: A short hello

Guild Novice

Post A short hello

I would like to say a quick hello. I am an avid fantasy fan, the first epic fantasy I read was Wheel of time when I was 11, and it's sort of gone from there, my favourite author being Brandon Sanderson. I first started writing when I was 10, although I stopped a few years later. I didn't worldbuild at all at that time, just had a grand imagination for adventure. I later started writing again 4 years ago, when I was about 15, and finished my first book at 17. It is absolutely terrible, although what came from it was a love for worldbuilding. I had always loved looking at fantasy maps, they just seemed so... /cool/. I imagined up a creation story, and set to work on plotting out everything I possible could, including the maps.
    Now, I'm a perfectionist, unfortuantly, and so for me, the details have to be just right. So I started lurking on this forum a few months ago, looking at how to make maps, trying to find tutorials that I liked, and then the real work began... I really disliked geography in school, ya'see, we never did anything interesting, so I never paid attention and dropped it about the time I started writing again. We never did anything interesting like cartography, but boring things like human geography and sweatshops... And now I'm trying to learn everything I can to make the most realistic world in terms of science etcetera. Already found some great resources on this forum, and I'm sure I will continue to.
    I am starting med-school next year, and love the outdoors... Anyway, that pretty much sums me up
    Did I say short? Whoops... Never was good with word counts!

Banned User

Hey Cekoti, welcome to the Guild! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ts8cPScXM

Guild Novice

Thanks, Sarithus
    And I've not heard that before, but brings back memories of the book. I really must find some time to do a reread at some point....

Banned User

Hi Cekoti, welcome to the Guild!