Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ganithes

Banned User

Default Ganithes

Hey Guild. Truth be told I'm not too happy with this map, but here's Ganithes. I'm happy that I tried a new style of mountains, forest and rivers, but I'm just not feeling it completely. I think I'm unhappy with the theme rather than the look, but that's hard to explain) I'd rather move on than force it into something I really like, so on we go!

Comments and any rep greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ganithes 50.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	73403
    Last edited by Sarithus; 05-17-2015 at 03:31 PM.

I quite like what you've done with the border, and the color scheme is interesting. I think what seems lacking for me though is a sense of depth. The land looks really flat and even, with the exception of the mountains and the beveled rivers and forests.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I quite like what you've done with the border, and the color scheme is interesting. I think what seems lacking for me though is a sense of depth. The land looks really flat and even, with the exception of the mountains and the beveled rivers and forests.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Without hills added I'm not sure what else I could have done to make the land less flat. I didn't want to bevel the entire land and I couldn't use a dark inner glow for various reasons.

original colors choices, it works for me. The sea is really beautifull on this one, nice map!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks very good, great colours.

Looks awesome, I like the blue tonal quality overall, the mountains seem a little too linear (especially the top right), maybe some offshoots? The blue forest are different, but don't mind it with the overall color scheme. Love the TItle bar and border. Your definitely turning into a star here!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Looks awesome, I like the blue tonal quality overall, the mountains seem a little too linear (especially the top right), maybe some offshoots? The blue forest are different, but don't mind it with the overall color scheme. Love the TItle bar and border. Your definitely turning into a star here!
    Thanks a lot Snodsy. I wish I liked it more myself, but I'm glad it's not a total waste of space. My problem is that I often make the same mistake of not planning maps before hand. I'll get some mountains done and then start adding in tons of effects and eventually my layers get out of control before I've decided what the map is about. I won't let that happen with my next map though, I'm going to make sure I plan it out because to be honest, I was making this one up as I went a long and that causes all sorts of problems.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Thanks a lot Snodsy. I wish I liked it more myself, but I'm glad it's not a total waste of space. My problem is that I often make the same mistake of not planning maps before hand. I'll get some mountains done and then start adding in tons of effects and eventually my layers get out of control before I've decided what the map is about. I won't let that happen with my next map though, I'm going to make sure I plan it out because to be honest, I was making this one up as I went a long and that causes all sorts of problems.
    Sounds familiar to me. I 'suffered' from the same problem. Planning is a good cure! .

I love the "nightish" mood. Good work!

Interesting color palette. I agree with Meriba that it gives it a "night" or "cold" ambience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast