Thread: The world of Lvramion

Wip The world of Lvramion

This is a map for a future DnD campaign of mine that I have been working on in GIMP in my spare time for the last few months with working title Lvramion. As you can see it is not finished yet, and I'm still working on the "finished" parts of the map.
    This is my first map (and my first project for that matter), so there will be variations of quality and style in different areas.

Anyway, Grüß euch Cartographer's Guild. MetzgerWilli at your service. Happy to make my first post here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weltkarte100.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	73886

The pegasus, unicorn, the two ships and the maelstrom are placeholders and cropped out of the maps of the Amiga games *Amberstar* and *Ambermoon*, both by Michael Hellmich. I'll replace them as soon as I find the time to practice and draw my own. The phoenix in the corner is from a Google image search and a placeholder as well. I couldn't find the source anymore though.
    I greatly used brushes I found on from deviant-art, but with time came to draw a lot myself.

starraven's Sketchy-Cartography-Brushes

calthyechild's Calligraphic-Cartography-Brush
    tinka-rothchild's Fantasy-Brush-Pack
    i-a-grafix's Hand-draw-map-brush
    Last edited by MetzgerWilli; 06-07-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Updated progress

That is a very cool map MW. I think it's well done and very engaging.
    The changes in architectural style in buildings over the span of areas is nice.
    Most all of the landscape features look very good. Colors are nice too.
    There are a few areas with river problems but overall most look good.

Progress Updated

Nice map! I like the land shape and where you placed the different terrains. It looks like a fun and various world to play.

I clicked on this thread because I immediately recognized the name Lyramion. I have played through Ambermoon at least three times, what a classic game.